Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3632
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and older

Installed app the wireless light is on solid not blinking then asks for password ,just changed password for smartphone because forgot old one put in new password still says not the right password tryed a dozen times no luck. HELP!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Norcalguy

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP DeskJet 3632 All-in-One Printer and the wireless light is solid on and it asks for a password. You have changed the password for your smartphone. But your HP printer says it is not the right password. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Are you using HP Wifi Direct or HP Wireless Direct? The HP wireless direct and Wi-Fi Direct are features that allow your Wi-Fi capable devices (for example: smart phones, tablets, or computers) to make a wireless network connection directly to your printer without using a wireless router or access point. 
  • Or is the printer connected to a wireless router and do you need the password to connect to the wireless network?

Meanwhile, if you're referring to HP wifi direct or wireless direct then please refer to "How to connect to Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct" from this link.

Also, refer to this link to know how to find your wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password (Mac). 

I hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes. Cheers!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.