Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I purchased the printer last month. Originally the printer setting was on one side copy. I changed it to two side copying and got the two print as well. Now I want to back to original setting but cannot. There is no error message. 

Pl guide it can be done

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @G15,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand that you are facing issues while trying to do a 2-sided printing. To fix this issue, you need to install the printer drivers and then change the printing preference on the printer properties. Follow the steps below: Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the printer before the issue started?

Do you have the full feature software installed?

Let's try these steps here:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13 ) Restart the PC

14 ). Now click on this link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL47659/mp-115382-3/OJ7610_971-2.exe and install the updated printer drivers

15 ). Connect the USB cable only when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

Now, change the printing preference as suggested below:

Go to Control panel – Devices and printers.

Right-click on Envy 4522 and select “Printing preferences”.

Under the Paper/Quality tab, change the 2-sided printing option and make sure the option is turned on for 2-sided printing (If you wish you can choose turn on 1-sided printing)

Now, come to the program that you are using to print and then change the setting to 2-sided in the application and then try printing.

Click here for instructions

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.