Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5530
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I am trying to set up the wireless for my new ENVY 5530 printer, and I cannot figure out how to actually enter the letters of my wireless password in the password field on the printer itself, in the Wireless Setup Wizard.

On the screen, the letters are grouped together in buttons containing three letters, such as "abc." Let's say I want the letter "b," for example. If I hit the "abc" button, it will just type the letter "a." Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
If you keep pressing the same button over and over what happens????

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

HI,

Thanks for using the forum.

We'd like to suggest that you try the HP Auto Wireless conect to setup your printer wirelessly!

First you'll need to restore your wireless network to Factory defaults.  Next you need to run the FULL feature software and follow the instructions to setup wirelessly.

If you do not have the software, here's the link to download the software for Win 8 (not Win 8.1), be sure to select the FULL feature software:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5530-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5304881/mod...

The following 2 videos are very helpful to show you how to do this.

Restore Printer Network Settings

https://goo.gl/9fyrGS

Setting up the printer wirelessly using HP Auto Wireless Connect

https://goo.gl/oBY6AJ

Hope that helps!

Let us know how it goes.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I don't understand why I would need to go to all the trouble to restore my network settings, however. Everything is working fine; the printer finds my network right away, and then asks me to type in my network password.

It's just that I can't figure out how to manually type in the letters of my password on the printer, given the multiple letters on each button, as I described. There must be some way to select the different letters on each button?

HP Recommended
If you keep pressing the same button over and over what happens????
HP Recommended

If I press the same button over and over, I keep getting the same letter. So, if I keep pressing the "abc" button, I just get the letter "a" again and again.

HP Recommended

I spoke too soon. Sabretooth, you are correct! I meant to accept your reply as the solution, but it appears that I clicked on the wrong post. Sorry

I thought I had tried hitting the letter button multiple times yesterday on the printer and it didn't work, but this time it did. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Melodious wrote:

I spoke too soon. Sabretooth, you are correct! I meant to accept your reply as the solution, but it appears that I clicked on the wrong post. Sorry

I thought I had tried hitting the letter button multiple times yesterday on the printer and it didn't work, but this time it did. Thanks!

Try clicking the "Options" link in the post you mis-marked.  There might be the option for "Not the Solution".  If so, you can select it, then mark Sabretooth's post correctly!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks WyreNut, that worked! Sabretooth's post above is now marked as the solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.