Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2055A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have recently moved to another housing. At the old adress I used my HP deskjet 3055A with the WIFI, at my new adress we have a public wifi witch I can not reset. So I can't install the printer to work with the WIFI.

Not a problem at all I thought because the unit is also able to work with the USB cable, But I just can't figure out how to get it working. On the unit itself you can turn off the wireless. Connecting the unit with my computer it makes a sounds when you turned it off. SO you would think it is connected.

But when I try to change the setting in the config, The only thing I get is an error message telling me that the computer can't connect with the printer. I neither can't delete all the drivers and start over form scratch

Online all the help I do find is how to get the deskjetjet coverted form USB to WIFI but not how to get it working the other way around.

Is there anyone out there who can help me fix this problem? Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@safthepoenk

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion p6-2055a Desktop PC and it is unable to connect to the public wifi at your new location. Therefore, you tried to connect it via USB and it does not work. There's a message saying that the computer cannot connect to the printer. Also, you're unable to uninstall the drivers. Also, the option of converting from USB to wireless did not work. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• The exact product model no. The model no. mention by you does not provide the correct information about the product. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Do other devices work fine on the wifi network?
  • Does the printer work if connected to another PC (if available)?
  • If the printer able to make a copy. Because if copy works then the printer hardware should be good.

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please connect the printer via USB and then try the below steps and check if the printer works fine. Later, disconnect the USB and try to connect the printer wirelessly and try the below steps.
  • Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. The HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free tool for Windows to help resolve printing and scanning problems. 
  • If the issue persists then you may uninstall the printer drivers from the root level by following the below steps:
  • In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.

Once you have uninstalled the drivers, download and install the drivers from this link: www.123/hp.com

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the results. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.