Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (43,927 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to uninstall PCL6 Universal Printer Driver in Windows 7 home premium?

I want to actually uninstall the driver and not just remove the printer from the installed printers.

The print management console is not available in Windows 7 home premium.

Does HP have a method for uninstalling the driver?

Accepted Solution

Re: How to uninstall PCL6 Universal Printer Driver in Windows 7 home premium?

I was wrong.  Print server properties are still available.  When you highlight a printer it adds an additional button on top to get to print server properties.  Drivers can be removed from there.

View solution in context
Honor Student
Message 2 of 5 (43,921 Views)

I haven't tried Windows 7 yet so this may not help, but have you tried checking (when viewing the installed printers from start button, Printers) File -> Run as Administrator -> Server Properties and then choose the driver tab to find & delete the printer driver in question?  This is from memory as I am not in front of my Vista box at the moment.

Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (43,913 Views)

Unfortunately the Server Properties option is no longer available in Windows 7.  At least I can't find it anywhere.  I think it is handled now by the print management snap-in, but home premium doesn't include that snap-in.

Top Student
Message 4 of 5 (43,895 Views)

I was wrong.  Print server properties are still available.  When you highlight a printer it adds an additional button on top to get to print server properties.  Drivers can be removed from there.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (43,885 Views)

That's good that you found it and that option is still available in Windows 7 Home Premium.  I'll keep that in mind when I upgrade over the Christmas break!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation