Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
When I look at the available SSiDs it doesn't seem to see anything on the 5ghz spectrum? What kind of network adapter is in this printer? 802.11g ? I thought it was 802.11n and supported the 5ghz range?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

It supports 2.4GHz only, not all n support 5GHz. Many, many, many devices still use 2.4GHz, you can simply allow your rounter to broadcast BOTH bands. 5GHz won't make your printer print faster.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Thank you!! I was hoping to rule out the crowded 2.4 band as a problem with AirPrint and HP direct print. Seems they will only print once very 20 times and lose connectivity to printer even with router and printer 2 feet apart. Time for a call to tech support.
HP Recommended

I bought the 8625 from Costco.  Since I got it my cell phone seems to be dropping down to Wifi G and not N.  It's a pain in the neck and I am thinking about returning if and getting the x576, because I need the extra paper supply draw anyway and it's much faster.  Anyone know if the x576 work with the 802.11N at 5 mhz.  I understand it won't make printing faster but the 8625 is screwing up my network.  What about the 8630?  Does that do the 5mhz N?

Thanks,

dlcpa

HP Recommended
I don't know if any wireless printers that support 5G networks. Most likely of the restricted distance with 5G would put more troubleshooting efforts on the table.
HP Recommended

Just some advice about how to choose which protocol for each device.  We're in a new apartment where the ISP's router is both 2.4 GHz snf 5 GHz.  To chose which one you want your IISP or your router  should be using different network names (SSID) like NETWORK 2.4 and NETWOR 5 so our new laptops (my audio/video was crashing and her screen cracked) can take advatage of the faster 5 GHz 803.11ac protococl while the printer is connected to the network running at 2.4 GHz 803.11n.  Hope this is useful.

HP Recommended

Cellphones work at 800 GHz and 1900 GHz so I don't think there's any interenece with a 5 GHz router.  There is, however, however interference with the 2.4 and 5 GHz cordelss phones.  The industry have adopted a new protocol operating at 1.9 GHz. We bought a new cordless phone with this protocol.  I think they all have it now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.