Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 7110 Printer
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I want to print high quality photo's using HP 7110 printer and HP Premium Plus Photo Paper 300gsm Glossy in Lightroom and Photoshop. I want to manage colors by the application not the printer but there are no profiles for HP in the dropdown list in either Lightroom or Photoshop. Where can I get the correct ICC profiles?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Al40

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand you need the ICC Profiles for the HP 7110 Printer,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Did you look for any HP Articles at the HP Website to find a solution?

If you haven't, here's what you need to know:

High-end imaging applications such as Adobe PhotoShop® provide support for ICC color management. For printers, ICC profiles provide the color transform into the device color space of the printer for a particular media type, ink set, and print mode.

To manage color with ICC profiles, settings must be made in both the application and in the printer driver. In the application, the correct profile for the printer/media/ink set combination must be selected, along with the rendering intent (perceptual, relative, absolute, or saturation).

The Perceptual intent includes color re-rendering such as tone scaling and sophisticated gamut mapping to give pleasing output. It generally gives the best subjective image quality when reproducing images on different media.

Absolute Colorimetric and Relative Colorimetric are typically used for proofing, where accuracy is more important than subjective quality. Saturation is seldom used, but is intended to give vivid colors and pure primaries.

In the printer driver, the media type, quality mode, and Managed by application must be selected.

Using HP provided ICC profiles when printing an image from PhotoShop

1. Select File, then Print with Preview. (For PhotoShop 6 and prior select File, and then Print).

2. For PhotoShop 7 and CS, in the Print with Preview window, select the Show More Options checkbox, and Color Management from the menu.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for your response but I know how to print using ICC profiles, I have been doing it for the last ten years using Canon. But the ICC profiles for for HP papers when printing with HP 7110 printer do not show up in the list of profiles in either Lightroom or Photshop. Also there is not an option with the 7110 printing options to select print with preview.

My question is how do I locate the ICC profiles or more importantly how do I get them to show  in the list of profiles when I select color management by Lightroom or Photoshop.

The links showing "how to in more detail"are for outdated drivers and out dated operating systems I am using Windows 10 64 bit and the latest driver for HP 7110 printer.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Al40

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I recommend you install this driver as it should work fine once it's installed: Click here

If this doesn't work, the best thing you could do is contact HP for further assistance:

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The link is to the same drive I installed the printer with still no ICC profiles as for HP support same generic crap thats on HP website, usless, I will be returning the printer and media to the suppliers as not fit for purpose. But thanks for trying.

HP Recommended

@Al40

Thank you for replying,

Since this is one of those dicey situations as this is a rare concern you've got, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.