Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I Have recently purchased a IPAD. I am attempting to print to the networked Laser jet CM2320 NF.  The HP application will Print a Picture but it  asks for an email address on the IPad before it will proceed to print. Entry of the users is not accepted. I don't Know if the laser jet is "eprint"  supporting. it has a setting to accept emails however. Can I set this machine using the hp application to print? If  not is there a work around to have this networked machine print.  Note the router is wireless  a linksys EA4500.  The printer is connected by Cat5 Cable to the router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Found a better soution for non E print printer Finer print2's successor Presto. It is free to Home user It alows the HP pinter to work perfectly as long as i it is loaded to  a networked computer. Thank you for your aid.

Art B 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If the HP ePrint application is asking for an email address, then it is asking you to register so that you may have access to other features:

HP ePrint: ePrint is a free service from HP that allows you to print from your email-capable device to your Web-connected printer, anytime, from any location, over the Internet. It is as simple as sending an email to the email address assigned to your product when you set up the ePrint service.

If you are using Airprint:  Apple's AirPrint uses your local wireless network to print directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to a local HP ePrint product.

However the cm2320 was released to the market in 2008 and is not ePrint/Airprint compatible.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

Found a better soution for non E print printer Finer print2's successor Presto. It is free to Home user It alows the HP pinter to work perfectly as long as i it is loaded to  a networked computer. Thank you for your aid.

Art B 

HP Recommended

blue249,

Thank you  so much for reporting back your solution! I am glad to hear that you are able to print to your printer using this app. Be sure to mark your solution as solved so other customers can find it! Again, Thank you for letting us know :generic:

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.