Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5530
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am having problems printing off 4x6 photos on my HP Envy 5530,  (with wireless} and see that other people have also had issues.

Basically I am only getting part of the pcture with one end still blank, varying from 30% to 75% blank.

The problem doesnt seem to occur if I use the non gloss side of the paper. I tried new photo paper and this ooesnt make any difference.  The two ink cartidges are both 1/2 full.

I saw someone else was advised to make sure the printer was plugged into the wall  rather than a power bar. I have done this. No joy

I am using Window 7 (64 bit) and wonder if a software update has corrupted something ?

Or maybe the specified margins are wrong, but the fault is inconsistent.

Or maybe the rollers need a clean ?

This is a fairly new problem as in the past things have been fine.

I would really apprciate some suggestions

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LCW99

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand photo doesn't print as you intend it to work,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Is the issue only while printing photos are do you have the issue while printing normal documents as well?

Have you attempted to remove/reseat the cartridges, clean the rollers and check if the papers aren't curled or wrinkled?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can do:

Step 1: Remove the black ink cartridge

If you just set up your printer and you notice that black ink is missing or faded on your printouts, remove the black ink cartridge and print only with the tri-color ink cartridge. This allows the printer to operate in single-cartridge mode, which creates composite black from the tri-color ink cartridge.

Step 2: Use genuine HP ink cartridges

HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to hp.com/go/anticounterfeit.

Step 3: Allow the printer to rest

Sometimes, print quality issues can be resolved during a period of inactivity. Consider waiting for about 30 minutes, and then try the print job again.

If allowing the printer to rest did not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.

Step 4: Check the paper

Use the following guidelines to make sure the paper you are using is appropriate for the print job. If it is not, reload the printer with an appropriate paper type.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I have no issues with standard A4 printing in colour or black.

I have gone through your suggestions and the ones further detailed from HP.

I tried printing with 6 x 4 photo with just coolur cartridge in place and got same fault (a part printed photo)

I did the print quality diagnostic and got streaks in the black. Then cleaned the print head. Now no streaks.

Still part printed 6 x 4  photo. The part unprinted is an inconsistant size.  Generally the right hand half of the picture is on the left hand side of the photgraphic paper and the right hand side of the paper is blank. The quality of what has been printed is good.

Almost as though the paper isnt in position before printing. the back of the photo has 7 equally spaced  black spotted lines. Dirty rollers ?

Hope more info helps to come up with a solution.

HP Recommended

Hi @LCW99, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply, I understand that when you print photos on 6x4 paper the print is not clear on the right-side. 

Recommend you to perform an alignment on the printer. Refer to step 11 in this HP Article.

Review the print settings for printing photos. Click here.

Please try a different application to print photos. 

Use a different paper and check. Click here for the printer specifications, please refer to the paper-handling specifications of the printer for assistance in selecting the paper. 

Photo paper supported by the printer is Up to 280 g/m² (75 lb bond)

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.