Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-25-2017 10:06 AM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer. I read that after clearing a paper jam in the printer, there is a message stating "cartridge alignment". You have installed new cartridges and the message persists. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Are these original HP cartridges or refilled cartridges?
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
If the cartridge alignment message appears then I suggest let us manually align the cartridges as shown below:
Make sure to load the input tray with plain, white paper.
On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.
The Setup menu displays.
Touch Tools, and then touch Align Printer.
An alignment page prints.
Place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass. Position it according to the engraved guides around the glass.
Figure : Placing the alignment page on the scanner glass
Close the scanner lid, and then touch OK.
The printer aligns the ink cartridges.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know what happens. Cheers! 🙂