Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I have an HP Photosmart Plus, Product # CN216, Model # B210a. I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.5

Today I turned on my printer and got the error message "Ink System Failure 0xc19a0020 Please Turn Printer Off and then On"

So I did, but still got the error. So I did the trouble shooting, which told me how to clean the printhead. I did this 3 times, but I still get the error. I unplugged the power cord from the printer, then the wall, waited, then plugged back in. I still get the error.

I use the printer at least once a week, so it hasn't been sitting unused for too long.  I haven't changed anything or installed anything lately. The ink cartridges still have ink.

Anything else I can try? The replacement printhead is $72!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry, but usually this can be a bad print head or bad cartridges. Here is a link that will assist you with that problem, even though you have done most of these steps.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

If you have already replaced the printheads before and you back to this same step, it would be a bad printer and needs servicing.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Sorry, but usually this can be a bad print head or bad cartridges. Here is a link that will assist you with that problem, even though you have done most of these steps.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

If you have already replaced the printheads before and you back to this same step, it would be a bad printer and needs servicing.

Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

Boo! Yep, I tried all of that. It seems better to just get a new printer, instead of a new part. I mean, $70 for te part, or $100 for a whole new printer. And what if I buy the part, and that doesn't fix it? Thanks though. 

HP Recommended

Very understandable. I would suggest to contact HP Support (1800-474-6836). You can qualify for discounted rate on an upgrade for another printer and also up to 90% off of the warranty. 

HP Recommended

I did all the same things that you did which was found on the HP help pages and I did them several times but never could get the ink system failure to discontinue.  Based on the age of the printer and price of the printhead just bought another at Best Buy.

HP Recommended

@Pargwoman, with none of the steps resolving the issue you have, I would suggest replacing the printer or print head, being the print head first. 

Now, from what you said “Based on the age of the printer and price of the print head just bought another at Best Buy." I'm not sure if you're saying you already replaced it or not. 

Please let me know, so I can help you find another print head.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem , same error message, did the same things as per instruction from HP website.  I  read to be sure the cartriges were good so went out bought $85.00 in ink... and with that and the other troubleshooting, I sit here with same "INK SYSTEM FAILURE" message.   I have not come across anyone stating the symptoms of this failure !  Only that it ssends an error message.  It seems as if my ink was blotchy and miscolored ..like yellow when it was suppose to be red.  I notice there is ink down inside where the print head sits also.  Are these the showings of a bad printhead?   Thanks in advance for any comments.  My photosmart does everything but the dishes and investing $70 dollors for a printhead would be worth it to me.  IF THAT IS FOR SURE THE PROBLEM!   $85.00 in cartriges, $70.00 in a printhead... yikes.. and what if it does not fix the problem?  I wish HP could stand behind the ones that re-purchase products or at least give out rewards points to help cover part in these kinds of situations.  At this point if I was to buy a new photo /copier/printer,  I really don't think It would be an HP for those reasons.  The parts are outrageous!  And the Ink is over the top .. very costly for so little.

Other than that this HP PSmart 3200 has been good until now.  And why it has done this with so little working time on it ??? sure makes HP sound outthere a ways also.

Tah. 

HP Recommended

@tahtahk, having an ink system failure means with 1 of 3 issues. The cartridges are bad, the print heads are bad or the ink system has obviously failed. 

Not every time you receive this error means the ink system fails, that's why the importance of this is the process of elimination.

Also, doing these steps are just as equivalent as purchasing a new unit, with the expense of buying cartridges and print heads. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.