Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Printer was not used for a few months...troubleshooting restart did not work..Warranty expired and I need to print urgently...Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Go here and follow the instructions:

http://www.ccl-la.com/blog/index.php/hp-photosmart-ink-system-failure-1

Worked for me!

{content removed}

-pojjl

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi wfhallam,

Follow the instructions at the link below.

An Alphanumeric Code (Example: '0x......' or 'C2......') Displays on the Front Panel When Printing

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Go here and follow the instructions:

http://www.ccl-la.com/blog/index.php/hp-photosmart-ink-system-failure-1

Worked for me!

{content removed}

-pojjl

HP Recommended

This worked. I had used this plan on my own yesterday, but the issue re-occured today. I am disappointed that hP does not offer free customer support for the life of these printers. It is a pretty short one as it is, but when you have invested the money the expensive ink cartridges, someone should be there to help you get the best use out of the product.

HP Recommended

I have a HP Photosmart D7360.  I get an Error Ink system has failed 0xc18a0206 and I have replace the ink cartidges and the error is not letting the printer work.

HP Recommended

HI chuckcrs,

Are you using new OEM or Remanufactured cartridges in the printer?

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many hardware problems: The HP Hardware Diagnostic Utility. These hardware problems can prevent printing, scanning, or copying. HP recommends that you download and install the Hardware Diagnostic Utility any time you need to troubleshoot a hardware problem.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Looking for the HP Hardware Diagnostic Utility? 

(The HP HDU has been retired)

Instead, check out the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

All diagnostic and troubleshooting functionality previously available in the HDU (and more) is now available in the HP Print and Scan Doctor

Kent G.

Kent G.
HP Retired, however my posts and replies are my own, not HP's.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
HP Recommended

I have not use this printer on a regular basis. I have seen expired ink message before and I have installed new ink cartridges.

HP Recommended
Ink system failure Error 0xc18a0206 for HP Photosmart c7283 All-in-one...
HP Recommended

Thank you very much! I just sppent 3 hours trying tons of "fixes" that didn't work for my old HP Photosmart C6150 all in one printer. But this worked prefect! I saved it so I can refer to it again if it happens again. I can't say thank you enough!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.