Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP officejet Pro L7780
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printer says I need new ink cartridge, but it is full.  It has expired, but so had the one I was using, which I know is really empty.  I replaced it with the newer one, but it just won't recognize it as full.  Tried to return it to the store, but without the receipt, they would not take it.  Is there a way to fool the printer into "seeing" it as full?  It is an HP Printer  OJ Pro L7780, & the ink is genuine HP.  Hate to spend another $40 for more ink!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Jax25

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting issue with ink cartridge. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Remove, inspect, and reinsert the cartridges.

Reset the printer.

• Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
  • With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 15 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
  • If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button () to turn it on.

If you still get the same error, contact HP Phone support for further assistance.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry I couldn't get back to you as quickly as I would have liked.  I really believe it's the ink cartridge itself, as unplugging the printer did not work.  The printer shows the ink level as full, but I get the error message to replace the ink cartridge all the same.  I will have to make that phone call.  Hopefully that will resolve the issue.  It's just the yellow that is giving me a hard time.  Thanks for your help.  I'll let you know what happens next.

Jax

HP Recommended

My printer is no longer supported, so where do I get help?  I couldn't find a phone number to call HP.  thanks.

Jax

HP Recommended

@Jax25

Thanks for the reply.

Please check your inbox.

Click on the mail icon on the right top corner.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Saw the message, sent you a reply through that.

Thanks.

Jax

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.