Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had this printer installed OK months ago, but having re-discovered it cannot get it recognised again. It is detected but drivers will not load. All "smart" HP mechanisms, "doctors" and so forth do not work... And installation CD does not recognise Win 10...

My HP LaserJet works fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @MichaelJC2 

Try the driver download from the next link:

* Click on YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX.

dodecaedron

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @MichaelJC2 

Try the driver download from the next link:

* Click on YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX.

dodecaedron

HP Recommended

Thanks, but baffled why my attempts to install did not take me to this driver!

HP Recommended

This is happening because HP removed drivers from Support pages for Printers with 10 years old or more.

Why ? I don´t know,  it´s a mystery. 🙄

I have a copy of this driver, that I can provide from my saved files.

The good news is the driver worked and strangely enough, it all turns out well.

Best regards, Happy printing 😊

ferRX.

dodecaedron

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with not being able to scan using my C4280 in Windows 10/11.  It looks like the driver that was posted in this thread is no longer available.  Can anyone re-share this file?

Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

To pass on the help I was given, here's a link to a zipped version of the EXE that was originally posted:

[content removed]

(I propose to delete it after a month or two.)

Mike.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but that is the "HP Print and Scan Doctor" setup file that doesn't even recognize my C4280.  I was hoping someone had the following file:

PS_AIO_C4200_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_140_404-4.exe

HP Recommended

Sorry, I thought the dates were not quite right. Maybe ferRX will be able to offer a copy...

HP Recommended

I've found Photosmart_C4280_win10.exe but it is nearly 200Mb; not much these days but my upload speed is poor.

If you sent me an SD card (to UK), reply paid, I could write and post it...

HP Recommended

This page links to the same EXE:

printerdrivers.com/hp-photosmart-c4280-driver/ 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.