Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
dv7-6c60us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a dv7 laptop with intel hd 3000 and amd 7470m switchable graphics.

I'm pretty sure that my amd gpu is dead so i would like to use intel gpu only but there is only one driver that works for me and it's from 2011. It's part of the switchable graphics driver package and i just install the intel driver.

I need the newer version because it will fix some issues with dota 2 and dx9( wrong colors in game) but when i try to install it my laptop just doesn't recognize the intel gpu.

Is there any way to get the latest intel driver to work? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Daresso

I understand you have graphics card issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

A computer with dual AMD graphics adapters can dynamically switch between using two adapters simultaneously or using just one. This primarily depends on the type of software being run as well as the specific graphics adapter models in the computer. In some instances, the integrated graphics adapter is powerful than the discrete graphics adapter for performing certain tasks.
To access the settings for the dual AMD graphics processors, click Start, type AMD System Monitor in the search and then click AMD System Monitor. 

Refer this article to know more information about configuring switchable graphics on your PC.

Also, uninstall graphics driver from device manager and install the latest drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.