Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7200 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My workstation started losing its internet connection after about 40 minutes. It would still be connected to the WiFi and it could see the other devices on the network but there was no internet connection. Checking the Network Settings would reveal it to be connected WITH intenet access but it actually had no connection to the internet. 
It acted as though the router was breaking the IP lease. ATT tech agreed and installed a new router. This did not fix it. 
I checked the adapter driver and it was using a Qualcomm driver for the Dlink card. It was the latest driver. I downloaded a Dlink driver and that did not fix the problem.
I installed a new wireless adapter, also Dlink. That did not fix it. 
I did a diagnostic boot and disabled every non-microsoft service. The problem disappeared. 
Going through a painful method of enabling half the disabled serviced at a time, I narrowed it down to the HP Network Device Support service. With that, and only that, disabled, the problem went away. 
I can still connect to the printer and print as normal. 
So, what is 'HP Network Device Support service' and why would it cause an internet access timeout? 
If it if required to access the printer then why can I see the printer and access it via WiFi?
If it is actually some benefit to have it running then how can I install a clean copy without a full reinstall (assuming a corrupted driver)?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.