Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Is the HP Officejet 7310 all in one capable of wireless printing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

What operating system?  If Windows, and with the printer connected to the router via Ethernet, download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Yes and no.

Yes, it can be connected to your wireless router with an Ethernet cable and wireless (and Ethernet wired) computers can print to it and scan from it in that configuration.

No, it cannot connect wirelessly to your wireless router.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

How do you do that? When I download the drivers and attempt to set them up, it says a "fatal error occurred"

HP Recommended
It also has no option for wireless printing
HP Recommended

Plug the printer into the back of your wireless router with an Ethernet cable.  Unplug any USB cable from the back of the printer.

Next, get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.  During the installation it will ask what type of installation you want.  Choose "Network". 

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I did that. The only setup options were USB cable and through an ethernet cable that attaches to the computer. When I choose ethernet, it starts network diagnostics and then it cannot find the printer even though it is connectoed to the router. After that, I click "I can't find my printer" and then it says a fatal error occurred.

HP Recommended

What operating system?  If Windows, and with the printer connected to the router via Ethernet, download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I have Windows 7 Professional x32-bit. I ran the utility and the process worked; I printed a test page and everything. I don't know why the drivers didn't work

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.