Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LASERJET PRO MFP M521dn

Hello. I sent a fax on 04/10/17 by usual method e.g. entering the tel no and pressing send. The next fax that I sent, I attempted the usual method e.g. entering tel no and pressing send - the touchscreen didn't respond when I hit the FAX icon on the touchscreen. I touched other icons on the touchscreen and nothing happened when I did that as well. I restarted and unplugged the machine and allowed it to reboot up again. I tried to fax again and no response from touchscreen - same response for other options e.g. copy, scan etc. The big part of the touch screen just won't respond at all, but if I hit the "?" button other options pop up on the big part of the screen, but again, it doesnt respond to my touch. I attempted again today with the same steps of attempting and restarting machine - still does not respond.  I did read yesterday about a reset button for the screen on some machines when this happens (touch screen does not respond) being somewhere on the machine, but I felt around and couldn't figure out where it might be - same with the "dots" that people wrote about to recalibrate the touchscreen - any help or feedback is appreciated.

FAX SCREEN.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.