Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This method worked for me.  I turned my printer off first, unplugged the power source from the printer and from the outlet...wait 15-20 seconds, then plugged the power cord back into the printer and outlet and turned the printer back on.  It worked like a charm!  Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

what does lcd needs upgrading

HP Recommended

Thank you for the tip, 3 and a half years later and the issue is still out there.  Spent forty bucks for a download "driver update" tool that crashed my system...now trying to get a refund.  Your simple solution didn't cost anything.  Just took me a few hours to find your solution.  Thanks again for a quick, FREE, easy fix!

HP Recommended

I've tried these steps several times and it still is not working.

HP Recommended

Read message 197 in this thread.

HP Recommended

It would be nice if the high priced HP computer and the high priced printer purchased at the same time would talk to each other. I have been a HP owner for over 20 years and have, at last, decided that its time to change. When the same company equipment won't talk to each other and customer service sucks and the problem is fixed for only a few minutes before you need to re-do the whole re-install or unplug process there is some serious flaws in the design of the software.

I don't think HP gets it and they will fail as a company. And yes, I recently sold all my stock in HP. 

HP Recommended

I have one additional hint:

I found that the sequence of applying the fix steps is very important.  After following PCWizard's instructions in the 02-08-2012 post, the list appeared to be corrected, but I still received the message that the list needed to be upgraded.  Here's how I fixed it:

1. Follow all of PCWizard's steps and then reset the printer by:

2. Power on the printer and disconnect the power cord

3. Wait 60 seconds

4. Reconnect the power cord and allow the printer to power on

5. Press the Scan button on the front panel and confirm that the "No Scan Options" message appears

6. Open the HP Solution Center app on the PC

7. Choose Settings - Scan Settings - Scan To Setup

8. Click Update Device button

9. Press Scan button on Front panel of printer. The updated Scan To options will now appear.

10. Use Start Scan button to initiate scan from printer front panel. The "LCD List needs to be upgraded" message should no longer appear.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

I did what they told me to do like 3 or 4 times. Moved them all over updated dewvice moved them back and i still couldn't scan.

HP Recommended

Hello caroldog,

I am sorry to hear that you are receiving the message "LCD list needs to be upgraded" and you are not able to scan. I would like to help you. Could you please respond to me with some more information so I can research this issue for you?

Please let me know:

Your Printers Model Number

Which OS you are running: Windows or Mac

Also, are you able to make a copy successfully?

In the meantime, try Resetting the Printer, if you haven't already.

Thanks!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I did what you said. It worked...........until about 2 hours later when I received another message that the scan to computer does not work. Same ol, same ol.  This has happened ever since I hooked up 2 HP products. They don't like each other. I have owned HP for over 30 years. Maybe it's time to change!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.