Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I cannot print in landscape since I upgraded to Office 2010.

Files show in print preview (One Note, Excel, etc) in landscape but when I print, they print in portrait and only 1/4 of the page prints.   My HP c309 printer is less than a year old but I went ahead and upgraded my print drivers in case that is the problem.  I connected directly to the printer (using a home network) to eliminate any network issue. None of these suggested fixes solved the problem.

My OS is Vista.  Is this is an MS Office issue since that is the only variable that has changed and the problem began when I upgraded from 2007 to 2010?  I may have to uninstall 2010 and reinstall 2007 since I see this as a showstopper for Excel.  MS says this is a printer problem, help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The following steps seem to have solved the problem for me.  I have now printed a few different spreadsheets in Landscape successfully with my wireless connection now with the following settings.  Hope it works for you if you find this and need a solution.

Click on Start>>Control Panel>>Printers.  Then Right Click on the printer icon>>Click on Properties>>Click on Advanced tab>>Select Print directly to printer.  Click on Apply>>OK

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with Excel 2007 and Officejet 6000.  My prior printer, a Deskjet D1300, did not have the problem.

In my case, even though print preview dispays correctly, print is in portrait and only about the first inch of the left edge of the document stretched to fit the longer dimension of the paper.  I've discovered that if I open printer properties and change the orientation--even though it is already set to landscape--it sometimes works.  If I try this enough times it eventually prints properly.  Desired result, but a huge waste of time and paper.

Rant:  I remember the days when printers were simple and just printed whatever you threw at them on whatever paper was in the tray.  These days they are way too smart for anyone's good and often get in the way of getting work done.

HP Recommended

I have Microsoft office 2007 and have not been able to print landscape since I purchased my hp 6500 printer.  I even had my computer guy work on this issue and he could not solve it.   It prints portrait and only the first 1/4 of the data.  I have two computers - one connected to the printer and one that prints wirelessly.  Neither one works.  I never contacted MS as my system worked just fine with my old printer. I would have to agree with MS but if you come up with a solution I would love to hear it.

HP Recommended

The following steps seem to have solved the problem for me.  I have now printed a few different spreadsheets in Landscape successfully with my wireless connection now with the following settings.  Hope it works for you if you find this and need a solution.

Click on Start>>Control Panel>>Printers.  Then Right Click on the printer icon>>Click on Properties>>Click on Advanced tab>>Select Print directly to printer.  Click on Apply>>OK

HP Recommended

Landscape Printing doesn't work anymore using vista on my laptop. It works using XP on my desktop but only when I change the printer setting from portrait to landscape.

HP Recommended
Wow! This worked for me too. I have been trying to solve for months. Have had 3 phone calls with Microsoft excel and a post on hp which I am going to refer to this one
HP Recommended

I have Win 7 Home edition. When I follow the steps described to fix the landscape issue I am stopped when I look for an advanced option. I must be doingf something wrong.

HP Recommended

Hello jgbech,

I see you are trying to print in landscape. I am going to post a screen shot from Microsoft Excel 2007 Version as an example. If this does not resolve your issue, please respond with the version you are working with and I will research it for you.

I hope this helps you!

Landscape

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

When I print a landscape document on Excel, the printed document comes out on protrait with only the first couple of columns showing.

HP Recommended

Thanks jonesbr for your solution post on this.  it helped me.  I am using Win 7 Ultimate.  I was using Remote Desktop Connection to a machine (Win7 Ultimate & MS Office 2007 products).  So the printing was redirected to the machine that I was actually remoting from (which does not have office products on it). Anyway, the problem appeared as I was attempting to print from Excel. Because I was using Excel on a remote machine, the printing was redirected through the machine that I was remoting from. So, on the desktop that I was working on,  I changed the settings to print directly from the printer......and it cleared up.  Of course, when I print directly from the machine, the issue was not present. However, thanks for posting solution.....I needed to resolve because I have several machines on the network that I use from one desktop, so I do not have to go running all over the place, and the software configurations are sort of spread across the machines. 

Hope that I noted enough detail for someone else who may have the issue under similar circumstances.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.