Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
The L arm is part of the solenoid assembly, and the one for tray one and the one for tray two will look a lot alike, so it will be easier than you think.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

I tore the printer apart this morning.   The L arm is not disconnected from the solenoid so I did not have to figure out how to reassemble that mechanism.   Once I put the machine back together, the printer still successfully prints a Test Page from Tray 2 (Whew!).   Unfortunately, it no longer prints from Tray 1 even if Tray 2 is removed.   If I leave the right side printer cover off, I have a good view of the L arm in action when I place any media in Tray 1.   Upon placing a sheet of paper in the feed slot, the solenoid clicks and the L arm temporarily engages the gear mechanism.   It then lets go.   Do you have any more theories about why I cannot print from Tray 1?

HP Recommended

You've probably moved on, but if you do see this, this printer is a little quirky with envelopes. To me, it has to do with cycling of the printer.

First, for clarification, when you say Tray 1 I am guessing you are referring to the manual feed tray (slot that is visible when you fold down the little flap). Then your Tray '2' is actually Tray 1.

Make sure your printer is in idle mode. Do not send the envelope print job yet. Adjust your guides to the width of the envelope, then insert the envelope. The printer should grab it but not feed it through. If this happens, then you are good to go.

Now, 'print' your envelope, using the Manual Tray option. The printer should now feed the envelope through and hopefully it will have the address where it should be. Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, I can't print envelopes from the manual tray on my LJ1320. The printer does grab the envelope. If I press the green button, it feeds through without printing the envelope. The error light goes on. I also tried opening tray 2 before printing the envelope, but got the same result. I am using Windows 10, 64 bit.

HP Recommended

What application are you using? What happens if you do not feed an envelope in the slot and just press the button. Does it draw paper from tray 2 and is there any printing on it. It is possible you have the wrong settings for the envelope causing the issue.

HP Recommended

I have a  HP LaserJet 1320. Tried to print envelopes using the envelope slot. Kept getting "HP 1320 printer mispick" followed by "HP 1320 printer jam". I upgraded to Windows 10 last spring and downloaded & installed the 64 bit driver.

Did not make any changes to the driver. Upon investigating, found out that the "Envelope Feeder" was not not installed.  Corrected it by going to control panel & selecting "Devices and Printers".  Rt click on HP Printer. Click on printer properties and select "Device Settings". Under "Installable Options",  check "Envelope Feeder". Mine was not installed. I changed it to installed. Success. Can now print envelopes. Hope this helps you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.