Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-24-2017 11:25 PM
My LaserJet 1536dnf multifunction printer/copier/scanner (MFP) worked great for the first few months we had it, but has stopped working for no apparent reason. It no longer communicates with any of my computers, regardless of which USB port it's plugged into. In macOS 10.12, the print queue shows the printer as offline and not connected, even though it's turned on and plugged into my computer's USB port. It also won't copy or scan anymore. For a while, the display on the MFP was showing what appeared to be error symbols, one of which was a triangular arrangement of circles, but I haven't been able to identify what the code meant and now the display is staying dark. We've even replaced the toner cartridge, to no avail. Have any of you encountered these problems and been able to work through them?
05-26-2017 07:14 AM
Hello, @GottaPrint – Hope you are well 🙂
Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!
Going through your post, I see that you are facing issues with the LaserJet printer where it is not making a copy or print.
Do not worry, I’ll certainly do my best to help you fix the issue 🙂 Let’s start by performing a power drain on the printer. Here are the steps:
- Remove the toners from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle and then try making a copy.
If the issue persists, then try updating the printer firmware. Go to http://hp.care/2qLlrqc to download and update the printer firmware.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Good luck 🙂
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee