Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-11-2017 03:30 PM
How do I set up scanning on my Mac running macOS 10.12 Sierra with my LaserJet M1217nfw MFP? The printer does not show up in the HP Easy Scan software. I tried installing the software from the original software/driver disc but it seems to only install the driver. When I use the install disc on a system running macOS 10.9 it installs with the original suite of software (HP Director, HP Firmware Upgrade Utility, HP Scan, HP Setup Assistant, HP Uninstaller, OnScreen Guide). I have the software on another system running macOS 10.12 but I think it was grandfathered in or else I don't recall how I managed to install the software. I can't find any direct download for the HP Scan software.
05-13-2017 03:21 PM
Hello, @peterlu – Hope you are well 🙂
Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!
I see that you are having issues while scanning with your LaserJet printer with your MAC. Try the steps listed below to fix this issue:
- Uninstall the old printer drivers first. Follow the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2cKwLyC
- Uninstall the HP scan app as well.
- Now run the Apple Software Update. Check here for steps: http://hp.care/2cNgw3C
- Restart your computer and printer.
- Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
- Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
- Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
- Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
- Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.
- Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
- Restart your computer and then go back to System preferences – Printers and scanners.
- Click the “Add button” (+).
- Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
- Click “Print Using...”, and then select the name of your printer (By default “Airprint” would be selected)
Now reinstall the HP Easy scan from here: http://apple.co/2lsPpwU
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Good luck 🙂
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee