Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
CE651A
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

LaserJet P1102 is being recognized as P1015 when it is connected to any Windows-operated computer, which is only available OS in my office, thus cannot install proper driver software.

I even have tried to detect the pinter through HP solution finder, but it also recognize the product as P1015 so I cannot even find any proper solution from HP either.

Since there are more machines of the same model, I have managed to install the printer driver, using already installed driver files from other machines,

But HP EWS drive counldn't be reinstalled nor couldn't be found any installer files.

How can it be recognized properly?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @zmla,

I see by your post that the Laserjet P1102 printer is being recognized as the Laserjet P1015 printer. I would like to help you.

I believe it is a firmware or hardware issue with the printer, since the wrong printer is being detected. You can't update the firmware on the printer to try to resolve this, unless it is installed already. It would need to be serviced or replaced.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for further assistance. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
hp
LaserJet P1102 is being recognized as P1015 when
it is connected to any Windows-operated computer,
which is only available OS in my office, thus cannot
install proper driver software.
I even have tried to detect the pinter through HP
solution finder, but it also recognize the product as
P1015 so I cannot even find any proper solution from
HP either.
HP Recommended

Almost like there is an expiry date built in to the logic.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.