Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 200 MFP M276nw
Microsoft Windows Vista

LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw is not completing printing with "jam in output bin" error

It's printing with fine print quality, and the sheet almost comes fully out into the output tray, but the last 1/4" of the printout remains stuck in the output reel.  It gives an error that there is a "jam in the output bin.  Open rear door and clear jam."

I pull the printout out and there is a small 1/4" wide depression on the paper tail end where it was obviously stuck in the fuser.

Clearing the error message:

I open the rear door and check for paper jams/bits.  There is never any there.   I thoroughly checked with a flashlight.

I pull out the front paper tray, feel around, there is never any there.

The only thing that resets the "jam in output bin" message is to open the front drawer, pull out the toner tray and re-insert the toner tray.  Then the printer re-intializes and it can print another page.

It still prints one page and leaves 1/4" stuck in the reel and will give the same error.

Things I've tried (that haven't fixed the problem):

• Single sheet of paper.
  • Large stack of paper.
  • Heavyweight cardstock paper
  • Replaced black toner (it was very low)
  • Printing cleaning page (the page still gets the last 1/4" stuck)
  • Printing test page (the page still gets the last 1/4" stuck)
  • Power cycle reset (unplug/plug), a dozen times
  • Reset printer to default settings
  • Opened the printer case down to where the fuser could be removed and removed the fuser
  • Inspected and rotated the fuser reel, no debris found
  • Cleaned all pickup reels with a damp cloth, no debris seen
  • Reassembled and get the exact same response

If there are any other troubleshooting ideas to try, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks!

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi @LaserJetPro82,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I understand that you are getting the error "jam in output bin". I would like to help you resolve this issue.If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Please try the steps in this document to see if they might help,  Clearing Paper Jams for HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276n and M276nw Printers. The image of replacing the toners looks like the wrong printer. Check the toner to make sure there aren't any parts hanging out of the bottom possibly causing this issue. (blade)

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Let me know how you make out. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions Gemini02.

I have tried all the paper jam clearing suggestions in the link.  One I did not previously check was if any of the toner cartridges had blades obstrucuting - they all looked fine.

I also tried the reset suggestion posted in the private message.

No joy.  The printing is still the same.  The last 1/4" of the printout remains stuck in the reel and I get a message saying there is an jam in the output bin.

If I pull the toner cartridge tray out and reinsert it, the printer re-initializes and I can print one more page with the same issue.

Any other tips?  Thanks for the suggestions...

HP Recommended

Hi @LaserJetPro82,

Just to rule out a software issue, try and print a standalone self-test to find out if it is a hardware issue,

HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276n and MFP M276nw - Printing a Configuration Report.

If you are still having the same issue the printer will need to be serviced. You can contact HP Customer Support  to find out what service or trade in options is available. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hello to all of you, I have the same problem that you describe. The final part of the paper remains stuck in the reel and then the message appears. I try almost everything (clean the jam paper, reset, having a configuration report...) Finally how you solve this problem? Thank you very much!!!?
HP Recommended

Did you ever get that problem sorted out? seems mine is doing the same thing..

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  The paper will exit 3/4 out of the exit and call a jam.  Sometimes it will not clear by opening all doors. I have to shutdown the device and reboot.

HP Recommended

Hi @jlj276,

Good Day.  A warm welcome to the HP community. :). I understand that you need assistance regarding paper jam issues with the printer. I will be really glad to assist you here. 🙂

Great description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 It is paramount to assist you as you are a valuable HP customer. I take it as a genuine pleasure to assist you.

If there are no hardware issues this should do the trick for you.

Finally, if the copy works correctly, uninstall the printer software from the computer following these steps.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. Then install the full feature software from this link: http://hp.com/drivers after selecting the correct operating system. Please update the printer’s firmware also.

Please ensure to perform all the steps diligently to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For anyone asking about how this worked out for me...

I was never able to resolve the problem.  I tried all the suggestions provided by HP for resolving paper jams and none of those changed anything.  I spent some time on the phone with HP tech support, but the tech and I reached the same conclusion that the printer needed to be serviced and that the cost of servicing would likely be more than a new printer, since I was well out of warranty.

I put the LaserJet Pro 200 in the closet and still hope that someday I can fix it.

I ended up buying a refurbished HP LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw, but it is kind of a disappointment compared to the Pro 200 because it refuses to print on labels or any thick paper, which is one of the main reasons I have this printer.

Sorry, I wish there was a happy ending.

HP Recommended

i followed all of the steps and could not resolve.  I am a copier printer tech and i have worked on these in the past.  i believe the sensor in the rear door is bad.  i will try to replace it if i can find one.  i will let you all know how this works.

thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.