Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yes, that sounds logical.. considering it will still print a page each time no problem after clearing the error

Let us know how it goes for sure, and perhaps a link to the part if successful? 

HP Recommended

Swapped sensor still not resolved.  Did not change a thing.  

HP Recommended

Hmm.. is there more than one sensor? perhaps one just before the paper is done exiting - doesnt read it until the paper is almost completely out

HP Recommended

There are 3 sensor in the fuser unit.  It almost seems that it does not know the size of the paper.  Like it is expecting legal but printing letter.  All of the paper settings are correct.  Timing issue.

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue (paper stuck in the output rollers) with the M251nw version of this printer. The problem started within a week of replacing the tray pickup D roller. Confirmed there is no issue with this roller or the sep roller underneath the D roller. I have replaced D rollers on similar HP printers with no issues. Probably just a coincidence. Any help on this one appreciated.

HP Recommended

@whatwave

Thanks for posting on the HP Support Forums page. 

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro 200 color Printer M251nw and the paper gets stuck in the output rollers. I read that you have confirmed that there is no issue with this roller or the sep roller underneath the D roller. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.

Paper feed or jam issues might result from dusty, torn, wrinkled, wet, or folded paper in the tray. The quality of the paper can also make a difference. Use only good quality paper that meets printer specifications. Follow these steps to check the condition of the paper.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

STEP 1:

• Remove the stack of paper from the tray.

• Check for obstructions inside the tray. Use a flashlight to view the mechanism inside the tray to make sure that nothing blocks the paper from engaging with the rollers. Even small pieces of paper can cause paper feed issues. If you find obstructions in the paper path, skip to the section on cleaning the rollers.

• Examine the condition of the paper, and then replace any ripped, dusty, curled, wrinkled, or bent paper.

• Make sure that all the paper in the stack is the same size and type. Never load mixed types of paper in the tray. The product can only process one type of paper at a time.

• Tap the stack of paper on a flat surface to align the edges.

• Make sure that the stack of paper contains no fewer than 10 sheets and no more than 25 sheets of paper.

• You need to use 10 to 25 sheets of paper only for purposes of these troubleshooting steps. When the issue is resolved, you can resume loading paper according to the paper tray capacity specifications for your product.

STEP 2:

• Pull out the paper input tray.

Figure : Pull out the paper input tray

Image: Pull out paper tray
  • Slide the paper guides to their outermost positions.

Figure : Slide out the paper guides

Image: Slide out the paper guides.

NOTE: To load legal-size paper, extend the paper input tray by pressing and holding the extension tab while pulling the front of the tray outward.

Figure : Extend tray for legal paper

Image: Extend tray for legal paper.
  • Place the stack of paper print side up in the paper input tray, and then make sure that the stack is flat at all four corners.

• Slide the paper guides inward so that they rest against the stack of paper.

Figure : Slide paper guides inward

Image: Sliding the paper guides inward.
  • Push down on the paper to make sure that the paper stack sits below the paper limit tabs on the sides of the paper input tray.

NOTE: The tray capacity is 150 sheets.

Figure : Push down on the paper

Image: Push down on the paper.
  • Slide the paper input tray into the printer.

Figure : Insert the paper tray

Image: Insert the paper tray

You may also review the "Removal and replacement procedures for the rollers from the repair manual.

I hope this information helps. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanx for the tips MKazi, done all you've suggested with no improvement.

Even tried legal size paper, always stops at exactly the same point in the fuser and prints exactly the same amount of the config page on legal or letter size paper.

No obstructions in the paper path.

Also tried a reset via the control panel, no change.

To me, it appears to be a logic or timing issue....ie possible board failure

HP Recommended

@whatwave

You're welcome. 🙂

You may perform a firmware update on your printer through the Windows operating system. 

If the issue still persists then you may reset the printer to its original factory settings. I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset your printer.

That should make the printer work correctly and if doesn't then I recommend you to contact our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your printer. 

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have also tried the firmware update with no change.  It seems like all this started when a new cartridge was installed.  I have reinstalled the old one but still has the same issue.  I am at a loss of what to try next.  I also tried the printer reset.  I am about ready to junk this device.

HP Recommended

@jlj276

I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot. I wish the printer had worked. However, the evidence indicates towards a hardware issue in the printer.

I recommend you to reachout to our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options available for this printer.

Keep me posted for any questions. Take care!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.