Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 1020
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, I don't know how, everything was working so fine, suddenly one day I found that my Hp Laserjet 1020 started printing 1 and a 1/2 pages meaning it prints the first page and then continious to load a blank page half way through and this page gets stuck in the middle. I have tried it in all the softwares like word, photoshop, acrobat, acdsee, snagit etc. the result is common for all. I tried shuffling the sizes of the pages and ended on A/4 but still no joy. There is NO paper jam as I have cleaned the cartridge and the drum. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, tried printing single page or multiple pages. EverytimeI give the print command, it does print the first page and before the first page could come out of the outlet it starts pulling the other page, which is left blank just rolled until half of the page is out of the outlet and other half remaining stuch and then the amber light starts flickering. To print a page everytime I need to pull the page out, restart the printer and then give command for the next page to be printed. Its quite frustrating. I would appreciate if somebody could help me with this ongoing issue. Oh by the way I have also used the HP Scan Doctor and the HP Diagnostic Tool but no faults found/rectified. Please help.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This appears to be an issue related to device hardware and you may have to contact your nearest HP technical support team to obtain service as user level troubleshooting steps may not be useful to fix the issue and requires requires repair/break-fix.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

I will certainly check it out with the techies in our locality but before I reach them I am just curious to know from you... What do you think may have caused this malfunction (The sensors, roller, drum, pickup) also is it quite possible that its a driver issue or maybe a wrong page size set in some application which might be using it as a default page size everywhere ?  I want to appreciate you for a quick reply. Thanks

Regards

Ace

HP Recommended

While I am trying to remotely analyze this issue, I believe that it is a paper mis-feed which is not caused due to a wrong command from application/driver, but failure of hardware to feed only single page at a time.  This issue may be caused to an internal component called sonenoid or its related gear assembly.  Rarely this could also be caused due to the circuit which controls the solenoid operation.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.