Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 712C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a Printer Driver for the Deskjet HP712C for Windows 10 available? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The 64 bit Windows drivers for the Deskjet 712c (and 720c/722c/820c/1000c) have been broken since Windows Vista. There is a patch for Vista and Windows 7 but I could not get it to work on Windows 8, 8.1 or 10.

I have seen folks report success connecting the printer to a Windows 7 or XP machine and then sharing it to a Windows 8 or later machine.

Sorry, I do not have any further suggestions.  I spent quite a while beating on this and did not get anywhere.  I also tried to get HP or Microsoft involved in fixing this without any success.  Neither company was interested in putting engineering effort into a 20+ year old printer and I eventually gave up.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

BTW, there is a driver available as follows:  in Windows 10 go to Devices and Printers, Add a Printer, The printer I want isn't listed, Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings, Next, [select the proper port], Next, Windows Update, [wait a few minutes for the list to repopulate], select HP for the manufacturer (not Hewlett Packard or Hewlett-Packard), and then select HP Deskjet 710c, Next.

The Deskjet 710c and 712c are the same printer, just sold through different channels.  The 710c and 712c use the same driver.

That said, even though there is a driver (supplied by HP, distributed by Microsoft) it does not work.  :HalfEyes:  The 32 bit version does work, but only in a 32 bit version of Windows.

w10 dj 710c.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.