Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This fix seems to be working for me.  I've successfully printed several jobs, including multipage documents, and I haven't had one low memory error yet.  Yay! Thanks for posting!

-Ted

HP Recommended

This is horrible getting this message tried everything and still I have to print out one copy at at time, a brand new printer!!!

From the looks of this thread there are many unsatisfied customer that will be turning away from buying HP products.

What a piece...

HP Recommended

Hi @qiu001

I see that you are having issues with the printer getting a "Low Memory" error. I would like to help you.

If you are using a Mac, the following steps should resolve this issue. Let me know if you are using another Operating System.

If you add the printer as a IP Protocol, instead of a Bonjour printer, it will resolve this error that you are receiving. The steps are listed on Message 42 .

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Yes, I found the solution by going through this thread!  

HP Recommended

Hi ted when you're printing do you have a checkmark on headers and footers? Make they are unchecked then try to print again let me know if it resolved your issue on your chromebook.

HP Recommended
I have also had my printer for two years and I am having the same problems that you are. My best advice to you would be to get a new laser printer made by Samsung! It is five times as fast and produces above average quality prints. I am beyond impressed with my new LaserJet printer from Samsung it is five times as fast and produces above average quality prints. I am beyond impressed with my new LaserJet printer from SAmsung. I really wish HP would get with the program and put forth a little more effort, because in the end, they are only hurting themselves. We, the consumer, have plenty of options, in terms of printers, and companies like Samsung are stepping up and making quality products!
HP Recommended

I have had this printer for a couple months and have tried many things to get rid of this message.

1 - This printer is advertised as "google cloud print" compatible.

2 - Works for awhile then give the "low memory" message even when sending 1 page.

3 - rebooting does nothing.

I cannot access the page to download firmware, when going to the proper page, it shoots me to "troubleshooting" with no options for driver or firmware downloads.

Please provide a solution to the "low memory" problem such that google cloud print will work reliably for all documents without the need for rebooting the machine more than once a month.

If you cannot provide the above, provide contact information for a full refund of the machine from HP as this would be considered false advertising.

HP Recommended

Reposting solution that worked for me below in case you missed the post above.. 

In the print dialog, click on "more settings" and make sure that "headers and footers" is NOT selected. Then print away!

Good luck and I hope it works for you as well!

HP Recommended

Hi Gemini!

I have had this printer for over 2 years now with no problems.  I just now had to unplug it to move to a different room and I now get the error of low memory.  I was able to use the steps you listed before to set it up using an ip address and that worked for printing from my macbook, but I am now having the same problem with my iphone.  In the past i could always print directly from my iphone whether it was from my 5s or now 6s but suddenly it is a no go.  There is no way to change the settings on an iphone for the printer that I know of.  It just detects wireless printers on the network and gives you the option to print from them.  This was a huge plus for buying this HP printer.  I could easily print boarding passes , coupons, emails with the touch of a button from my phone.  I am really hoping this is something HP can help me with.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.