Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

So, anybody resolve a problem?

HP Recommended

This trhread is over a year old now and the problem never got solved. As far as I know, many printerns (world wide) got "bricked"  and depending on what country you lives in HP´s actions differed.

I live in Sweden and the HP Support team did a great job trying to solve my problem, but with no luck. Ended up that a got a exchange printer instead..

Problem solved ...?

HP Recommended
I have exactly the same problem. What can I do to fix it?
HP Recommended

I am now having the same problem - I have tried the fixes that were stated in above replies and still nothing. Anybody know of resolution that work?

HP Recommended

I too have the infinite intialization loop after the firmware updated itself without any prompting or consent. This was months ago now. I check this forum infrequently hoping a fix would appear but I see that in order to get any help I should leave a message. Please let me know if there is any hope of a fix outside of a costly replacement.

HP Recommended

The only effective solution is to replace the printer. After replacing printers forbid him to go online.

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm having the same issue on OS X 10.8. I did not update the firmware as the HP webpage says there is a serious problem with it. 

My printer is stuck on initializing and doesn't seem to work even when plugged in via USB.

Please let me know what I can do to fix this ?

Thanks in advance,

Maciek

HP Recommended

pcwizard,

I have a M1212nf and have recently been experiencing the initializing loop.  Can you please help me with this issue.  My current firmware datecode is 20130912, software driver version 20100428.  Hope this helps.  Thank you.

HP Recommended
There is no fix. What you do is buy another brand printer then take what ever action available to you to recover the cost of replacement from HP. In my case because I am such a loyal customer HP offered me a big discount on a much more expensive printer I did not need that would cost about twice the price of the HP model I had that blew up with their firmware update!!
HP Recommended

Any updates on this? It seems liek this thread has gone dark. Are there any fixes available?

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.