Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I installed my new LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw a few days ago and so far I'm pretty happy with it. However there's one thing that's a little bit annoying: The power button light illuminates every ~3 seconds when the printer is in standby. Can this illumination be configured somehow or simply be turned off?

63 REPLIES 63
HP Recommended
Hi @ tommi2356 ,

I read your post and see that you would like to know how to stop the power light from blinking when in standby mode. I would be happy to help you.

This is a feature of the printer, when in standby mode the power light will blink to notify that the printer is in standby mode. When touching the display the power light goes back to a solid light. There isn't any way of changing this feature. The default is 1 minute for standby mode, there is no option available for never.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02,

thanks for your reply. It's too bad this setting cannot be changed, since it's really annoying to see the light blink in the corner of the eye all the time. For now I've helped myself and covered the light with a piece of tape. Hopefully this behaviour will be subject to change in the future.

However besides that so far I really do enjoy the product.

Best regards.

HP Recommended

I could not agree more.  I am considering returning the printer to the store, and haven't even owned it for 24 hours.  It is so annoying.

Thanks,

Drew

HP Recommended

Have this printer for few months. This is really annoying function, the LED is supper bright in night, very thick tape won't even cover the blinking light, i have to turn the printer off most time instead all the other printers that i almost never needed to turn off. 

Better get your R&D change your firmware or put a function on setting manu to turn it off. it's should less than five mins work for R&D guy make the change.  

This function may kill this product.  

HP Recommended

Yeah, great printer, small size and gets the job done.  However, because of that stupid blinking light, Staples now has the printer back. 

HP Recommended

I just updated the firmware in this printer, it was a July firmware update so very recent, and in the description it states "Implemented an improvement to turn off the ready LED when device goes into sleep mode."  but I don't see anything different the annoying standby light still blinks every 4 seconds and I don't see anything new to change it.........

HP Recommended

Hi@tafkam88,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this Post has instructions.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

OK thanks I will keep an eye out for a message...

Mike

HP Recommended

I never heard anything back on this.  I wish I would have kept the box I would have returned this printer.  Awful tech support both on the phone and in the forums.  Would not hurt to put your tech support back in the US where it belongs by the way.   Give some Americans jobs and I don't have to sturggle with a language barrier trying to understand the non helpful jibberish the so called "tech support" person is trying to give me.  THIS IS A SIMPLE QUESTION you make reference to the flashing light issue in the firmware upgrade yet it does nothing to fix the problem!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.