Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp color laserjet pro MFP M176
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I just boughjt a HP color laser jet pro MFP M176n which has now is  always show 'printing cool-down mode' after a few pages prinitng. It's too long to complete the printing work. Appreciated if you could help solve the issue urgently. i tried all the above suggested solution , i am desperate,please send me the private message as you did to others ,i need a workable solution  or i may have to return printer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @xpresscomputer,

I understand that you are getting a "Cool-down" error. I would be happy to help you.

I wasn't sure what steps you have tried so far, so I am providing all the steps to see if it will help resolve the issue and I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

I have provided a document with Resolving Control Panel Messages.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Update the printer's firmware. Software and Driver Downloads.

If the issue continues, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for further assistance. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @xpresscomputer,

I understand that you are getting a "Cool-down" error. I would be happy to help you.

I wasn't sure what steps you have tried so far, so I am providing all the steps to see if it will help resolve the issue and I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

I have provided a document with Resolving Control Panel Messages.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Update the printer's firmware. Software and Driver Downloads.

If the issue continues, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for further assistance. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I did not recieved your private message but i did update drivers and firmware from hp website and so far its been a week and i have  i have not ran in to that problem again. thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Hi xpresscomputer,

Thanks for sharing that the firmware update resolved the Cool-Down mode issue.

{Happy Dance :smileyvery-happy:}

I see that you didn't receive the PM, I will send you that information in a private message again in case you might need it in the future for something. Not sure why it didn't go through. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Have a wonderful day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Please send me the private message I have tried every solution. Please I beg you!!

HP Recommended

Hi @Anonymous,

I can send you that information in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If the issue continues, please Contact HP Support for further assistance. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

sorry , i have the same problem !!

can u send me the message too

thanks,

HP Recommended

PLEASE TEACH HOW TO SOLVE THIS PRINTING COOL-DOWN MODE PROBLEM

HP Recommended
Please send me a private message on how to resolve this issue too
HP Recommended

Pls.  Currently am experiencing the same challenges, kindly get the solution across my mail 

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.