Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just bought a new Asus laptop 2 days ago and I'm not sure how to connect it to my HP Photosmart 6520 series printer. We can't find the CD or USB that came with the printer, so I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello habanana,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you would like to install your HP Photosmart 6520, but do not have the disc to install the software. To better help, leave me with the following information:

1. What is your current Operating system, Windows or Mac and which version?

2. How do you want the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

As soon as I have this information we can get started.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

@habanana wrote:

I just bought a new Asus laptop 2 days ago and I'm not sure how to connect it to my HP Photosmart 6520 series printer. We can't find the CD or USB that came with the printer, so I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

Here is your full support page.  Just read and following instructions.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5169041

HP Recommended

It's Windows 8.1 and I'd prefer to have it connected wirelessly if possible.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Well go ahead.  Just follow the instuctions on wireless installation.

HP Recommended

habanana,

Thank you for the requested information. Please follow the steps below from the front panel to connect your PS 6520 to your wireless network:

Setup Menu > Wireless Menu > Wireless Setup Wizard > Run

Once the PS 6520 is connected to your wireless network click on the link below and follow the steps listed under the Windows 8 section:

Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection

I hope this helps!!

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

how do i connect my hp printer to my new asus laptop ?

HP Recommended

i have windows 10 and a wireless hp printer.

HP Recommended

Wireless connection

HP Recommended

OS windows 10 home

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.