Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-08-2017 04:30 PM
I have an HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Series Printer, and I've had it for around 8 months. It worked perfectly until just now. When I went to use the touch screen on the printer, it didn't light up or show the display, it just stayed black. I turned the printer off and on again but no luck there.
I don't know what else to do, or why the touch screen isn't working in the first place.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
10-09-2017 02:56 PM
Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with the touchscreen stopped working on your HP OfficeJet printer. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this.
Let's try to perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.
- Remove the cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
For more assistance, please follow this link: HP Deskjet, ENVY, Officejet, and Photosmart Printers and All-in-Ones - Blank Control Panel Display
If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would suggest this could be a printer hardware. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service related options.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true
(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
I am an HP Employee
02-22-2018 10:52 PM
This works temporarily until the printer goes into sleep mode again. Then, when you are ready to print, the screen stays black and the printer won't print. I've been dealing with this for 5 months. Every time that I need to print when the printer is in sleep mode, it will not print and the screen is black. Sure, you can do a hard shut down, yet it has to be done EVERY TIME!!!!!
02-23-2018 05:46 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.
I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer front panel screen is not working after the printer wakes up from sleep.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.
- When was the last time the printer was working fine?
- Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
Meanwhile, I recommend you update the printer firmware and check if it helps. Follow the steps in the below article to update the printer firmware.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee