Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Ok, thank you
HP Recommended

How do I get my printer HP 6500 to recognize my Acer 8.1 so I can scan?

HP Recommended

I love scan and capture!  Please tell me, though, if I have photo size options other than those listed in settings. 

HP Recommended

Hi tidefan,

I am glad you like the app, and I appreciate your time to submit feedback to us on the forums!   Right now our photo size presets are limited to what you see, but there's the ability to manually crop your photos to your liking.     If you haven't used this feature before, simply click on any scanned image and it will take you to a full page mode where you can then crop.  

In the future we do plan to add auto-crop functionality to this app.

If you have other suggestions for improvement, please let us know!

Thanks!

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

The new Scan and Cap[ture app doesn't work with Windows 8.1 IF the printer/scanner is connected via USB.  ONLY works if it is a networked device (wired or wireless).

This is per HP support center:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay?javax.portlet.begCache...

HP Recommended

Hi CrazyCajun,

The information in the link you provided is accurate for Windows 8, but not 8.1.   Windows 8 and HP Scan and Capture v1.3 are limited to network only.   WIndows 8.1, and the new release of HP Scan and Capture 1.4 fully support USB.    I've submitted feedback to that support site to have them update the documentation.

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

Well, the updated 1.4 Scan & Capture on 8.1 still does not see the printer/scanner attached by USB to the computer.  Print/Scan using Windows works just dandy.  Printer is connected by USB and Windows sees it, prints to it, and the Windows Scan app can scan from the document feeder, or glass.  No connectivity issue here.  Scan & Capture only sees the video camera for capture device, no printer/scanner.

So while you may say it works, the results are not seen as such.  Thank you for the hope. 

HP Recommended

Very interesting.   To make sure I understand you, the "Scan" app (not the desktop apps) works fine?   What model of device are you using?     If you go into the About menu, what version of the app does it show?      And from the Select Device menu, does anything happen if you click on the refresh button next to the Available list?

HP Recommended

I am not at the machine now, but you understand it correctly.

Windows 8.1 native app can scan from the device, it just can't scan to pdf, which is what is needed.

Scan & Capture (HP App) can not see the device. (USB connected)

Later today, I will search for the Help-About and see which version was installed. I presumed since it was latest and greatest, it would be 1.4.  That needs to be confirmed however.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your response, and I look forward to improvements in the future, although I have no complaints now.  Again, I love this app!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.