Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro L7580

Good Afternoon,

I have been having an issue with one of my print heads leaving lines on my paper, soaking in hot water does the trick, but not feasiable everytime.  

Today I decided to try cleaning the "Cup" in the bottom of Print Head Holder, to see if it was dirty.  What I found was the one with the issue is missing a metal clip that is spring loaded that should be pressing against the bottom of printhead, when it is not printing,  to prevent if from drying out.

I have no idea how long it has been missing or where it could have gone.

Wordering if anyony has an old OfficeJet Pro Seriers printer that used the XL88 ink and would be willing to part with the Printer Head holder.  

Same old story - Got loads of ink - 2 spare per colour and it's the only issue with the printer.

I have no idea how old the printer is 2006 or 2007, they don't make them this way anymore.

I almost replace the printhead but I think I will have the same issue missing this pieace.

Also, anyone got a duplexer for this unit?

Thanks

Rodney

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Rodney_Old

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-in-One Printer and the printheads leave lines on the paper. Soaking the printhead in hot water does the trick but not for too long. While cleaning the cup that holds the printheads, there is a missing a metal clip that is spring loaded that should be pressing against the bottom of the printhead, when it is not printing,  to prevent if from drying out.

Let me know if you are referring to the same point as indicated in the page no. 146 of the user guide (the one indicated in green).

If you're looking for a replacement part then you might check it out at the HP Partsurfer website. Otherwise, you may contact the HP phone support to explore any upgrade options available for your printer.

Also, to fix any print quality related issues in your printer, you may refer to this HP document

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Good luck! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.