Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
photosmart c4780
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi,

I recently upgraded my router and now my printer will not connect to the network. I ran a test and it says the SSID doesn't match. Is there a simple way to fix this? Thank you so much

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Replacing/changing your wireless router, try here. 

http://www.hp.com/global/au/en/wireless/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

Make sure your router is set to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’.  Try channel 1 first then the others one at a time.  Make sure printer and router are at least 5 feet apart.

Make and model of modem and router?

However if you have a Gateway (modem+router) device, all Gateway devices are terrible for wireless connectivity.   If this does not work, suggest you put that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies for jumping in.

As there is no HP Full Feature Software for your operating system a such should be done by creating a temporary ad hoc connection as following:

1. Reset the wireless settings:
    Press the top button next to Wireless / Scan then press the button next to Wireless Menu.
    Press the button next to Restore Network Defaults and follow the prompt to confirm.
  2. Turn the wireless radio on:
    Press the top button next to Wireless / Scan then press the button next to Wireless Menu.
    Press the button next to Enable Wireless if available
  3. Restart the printer by turning it off and then back on, then ensure the wireless radio is on and the blue wirelesss light blinks.
  4. On your Mac, click the WiFi icon and select Join Other Network.
    Click Show Networks and connect to the hpsetup network.
    Note: if no hpsetup network appear, try restarting the printer and ensure that both the Mac and the printer are close to each other, but not closer than 2 meters away.
  5. Open Safari, then click the top Safari menu and select Preferences
    Within the Advanced tab check both of the boxes next to Bonjour and close the window using the red X.
  6. Click the top Bookmarks menu and select Bonjour, then select your printer name.
  7. Open the  Network / Wireless tab and look for a Wireless Setup Wizard option.
    If there is no such select Advanced within teh Wireless (802.11) section and follow the steps on screen to select your SSID and set your network password.
  8. The blue wireless light on the printer should solid lit wonce confirming the changes, then return your Mac to your home network.

Please let me know of any problem,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi,

This also did not help me. The printer is still not detected in airport. Also I think I have to update bonjour

HP Recommended

Hi,

Where you able to access the printer EWS page?

Can you see the wireless light blinks, solid lit or off?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

The wireless light is on, I'm not sure what the EWS page is??

HP Recommended

Also I have a FIOS gateway router, with three different passwords for three different set ups

HP Recommended

I have MacBook Pro with OSX 10.11.6 with HP Printer Software 5.1

On my c4780 printer, I did 

Restore Network Default

Enable Wireless

power off/on printer

Wireless is still enable after power on

Run Wireless Network Test

Network Name (SSID)       Fail

Restart computer

Power off/on printer

Wireless is still enable 

Print Network Configuration Page

Network status  Offline

My Network name shows on Network discovered

Wireless      Disconnected 

Run Wireless Network Test

Network Name (SSID)    Failed.

Network Names (SSID)  shows   SigmaplusEOL1

Both printouts have the same MAC  hardware address.

anyone can help?  

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.