Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I client of mine recently purchased a Photosmart 7520, and was having problems setting it up. When I went to check it out, the printer naturally said "please insert setup cartridges".

They were told by the geniuses at Best Buy that the printer did not come with ink, and purchased a full set of inks, which they had put in the machine; obviously the machine didn't want these.

They claim that they did not come across a set of cartridges in the box, and had already discarded the packaging by the time I got there.

Whatever the case may be with that, is there a way to get the printer to accept a regular set of cartridges and proceed with the setup so they can get their printer working??

Alternately, is it possible to get a set of the setup cartridges somehow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I understand you need setup cartridges for your printer. In order to get setup cartridges you would have to contact Hp support.

Click here for contact information.

Let me know if this helps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I understand you need setup cartridges for your printer. In order to get setup cartridges you would have to contact Hp support.

Click here for contact information.

Let me know if this helps.

HP Recommended

Have a new HP Officejet 6700 premium printer that had been returned to store and sold without a box or setup cartridges and am unable to set up without the original setup cartridges. Is there someway to get a set?

HP Recommended
Already called support and they did not have a solution
HP Recommended

Hello clararn,

I have noticed your post about you not having setup cartridges for your Officejet 6700. The only option is to contact HP's Phone Support, as Gary mentioned. This would be the only way to receive setup cartridges.

I hope this confirms the answer to your question.

Good luck,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I think I have your set up cartridges.  I have two sets and after my first set ran out of ink I put in the second set and not no cartridges work on my systems.   

Im so frustrated that Im ready to throw this thing away and Ive only printed 330 pages from it. 

help someone please.

HP Recommended

HP OfficeJet Pro 6830e

Put cartridges in

Close Door

On error screen - use setup cartridges

- On left side of screen there is usually a Return Arrow (it may be hidden) - press this area 5 times.

You should see a support menu come up, or be prompted to enter the support menu. Do so.

Press the arror button, go to system configuration menu.

Look for TRADE OOBE or similar, select this.

Trade Supplies disabled - you want to enable the "trade supplies"

Choose OK, etc.

Now you want to turn off the printer. If for some reason you can't, support person on phone said it could be unplugged.

Plug it back in, or turn it back on.

The Setup TOUR or something similar may come up, choose to continue setup.

You should now be able to print. (At least I was).

HP Recommended
THANK YOU RUSS!!!! Worked GREAT
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.