Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet Ink Advant k209a-z
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Hi. The printer that I'm using, deskjet Ink Advant k209a was working well for the past few years. All of a sudden it stopped working while printing half way and it shows "endpoint not available from endpoint mapper."
How can I fix this problem? Thank you
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @Yeeshan96,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your printer, not printing and are getting an error (Endpoint not available.) Happy to help. 

May I know the printer setup?

How big is the file you are trying to print?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

Which application are you printing from, have you tried any other application?

Recommend you to try making a standalone copy.

Copy function of a printer is independent of the software on the computer.

If you are unable to make a copy, please do hard reset (disconnect the power cable of the printer, wait for a minute and connect the power cord directly to a wall outlet and turn the printer ON.)

If the printer still does not make a copy after a hard reset. Please contact our phone support for the service or upgrade options for the printer. 

If you are able to make a copy try to print from different applications and check. 

If you have setup the printer on a wireless network, you can assign a static IP address to the printer for better communication. (Have you changed your router or changed any setting on the router?)

For assistance in setting up a static IP, follow the procedure mentioned below or view this Youtube video for assistance. 

• Obtain the IP address of the printer (which can found by pressing the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel)
  • Enter the IP address on the web browser (Ex: chrome, IE) to enter the printer EWS page.
  • Go to the “Network” tab, click on “Wireless (802.11) then click on “Network address (IPV4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual DNS server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.