cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
knute97
Level 3
38 27 3 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

No scan program installed for HP OfficeJet6954

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet6954
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After several weeks of my trying to get my HP desktop to recognize my HP OfficeJet6954, a support technician finally installed it manually.

Now, other than using the Windows scan app, isn't there an included scanning program linked with this printer?

Is there a program on the HP installation disk and, if so, how can this be installed manually?

BTW, the icon on the HP Printer Assistant is greyed out and not working.

3 REPLIES 3
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,623 32,197 5,531 13,025
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try installing and scanning from HP Scan Extended below:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

It will be isntalled under Start > All Apps > HP > HP Scan Extended.

Please let me know how it goes,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
knute97
Author
Level 3
38 27 3 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Installed the HP Scan Extended as suggested.  When i tried to run the app, I ran into the following:

HP Scan 1.png

Then I tried running HP Twain Administration with the 1st option (originally there before installing HP Scan Extended)

HP Twain 1.png

1st result

HP Twain 2.png

Selecting 2nd option

HP Twain 3.png

Clicking OK to both gives "Open Sorce Not Found"

Suggestions?

knute97
Author
Level 3
38 27 3 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is some additional information.

From the local printer panel, when I press scan, the only options available to me include scanning to my Dell laptop.   Apparently, my HP destop was not recognized as an option.

Using the option to scan to the laptop's desktop worked and the Windows Fax and Scanning app appeared with the scan.

However, if I try to run the Windows Fax and Scanning app directly from the either computer, the scanner is not found!

I am reluctant to run thru the HP Print & Scan troubleshooter and the HP Printer Assistant because it took almost an hour with HP Tech Support to manually install drivers,etc. to connect my HP Printer (another post on this forum).

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation