cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
roger203
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Not printing black from new cartridges: Officejet 4620

HP Recommended

I just replaced my Officejet 4620's 564 Ink cartridges (all colors and black).  All 3 colors work when running the diagnostics, but the black cartridge doesn't print at all.  Nothing black is printing.  I haven't changed any settings on my computer (running Windows 7).

7 REPLIES 7
aks3621
Level 6
Level 6
445 433 24 69
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03137135

Please follow the above link to solve the printing issue with the black cartridges.

Thank you

Akanksha Shrivastava

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Ciara_B
Level 11
8,714 7,731 283 651
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Roger, just wondering if this is resolved? Is the printer still within warranty?

Black not printing

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Black-not-printing/m-p/2926025

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
bunsie
1 1 0 1
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer just stopped printing black even with new black cartridge.  Do the other color cartridges need to be new /full in order for the black one to work?  I checked the vent and it is open.  I need a tutorial to help me.  

Renee613
1 1 0 1
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've got the same problem.  So ridiculous & frustrating.  Spent a bunch of money on new ink.  If the air vent needs to be cleared (which is what some other boards suggest) then it seems to me that is a cartridge deficiency & HP should make good on that.  I've poked at it with a paperclip....I don't see any extra adhesive that might be blocking things.  

I dId the "clean printer heads" step and the print test comes out fine - which is bizarre.  Just can't print the stuff I want to print!

Did you ever get a fix?

I'm about to bite the bullet and go buy a new NON-HP printer.    

siestasunset
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black INK is not working!  I replaced the ink 3 times, ran diagnostics, went to your HELP page and stuck a pin in the "vent" to clear any plastic.  This printer has never worked properly and all of sudden stopped printing in black ink.  What else can I do?  Is there somethink I can clear in the machine?  Please advise.  

sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,150 1,541 3,526
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since you have done everything on the HP web site, try these Youtube videos here.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Officejet+4620+print+head

Search for more if needed.  If no joy your printer is toast.

dan103fu
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your link doesn't work.

FYI...Why do I need to create an HP account if you offer Google+ integration!?!?!?

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation