Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had removed and installed and put the newest verison.  It worked fine when I first got this. but then started having that problem.

HP Recommended

Is this on 10.4.11, Tiger?  If so, it is probably a better idea and easier to just upgrade your OS X.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

for me.  Im actually using PC Internet explorer and windows vista, microsoft word.  I did a search and this topic came up.  Im guessing that rules out the OS.

HP Recommended

Really great. Here almost 4 years after this topic I'm sitting with a HP Photosmart  C5180 All-in-one - and this is also occuring on this. Windows 7, latest updates installed and latest drivers and software for the printer is installed. Using Word 2013. If I print a photo on A4 size Photopaper (HP) designed in MS Publisher 2013 size 18x24 cm or 13x18 cm (the photo, not the pagesize - its set to A4) and added a black frame to the picture to cut it after print with a scissor, the last line in the frame is not printet. Even when the picture is centeret to the page doesn't make any difference.

Its like the printhead stops 1mm too early.

UNchecking the "Enable bidirectional support" box in the settings for the printer worked. How lame is that? Disabling a communication line back to the PC with standard messages as missing paper, paperstop, low ink etc. will help print 1mm of the very buttom of the data. What a big joke. Instead of spamming the market with all types of different printers all the time, HP needs to up their product's quality.

HP Recommended

This issue has been annoying me for several years now. Thank you for a simple answer that really works for at least Word and PDF printing!

PC platform: Workstation and Laptop.

Printer: HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-One.

Drivers: Only absolute minimum from hp. The rest is just std. programs from Microsoft. I minimized the hp installation in order to avoid slowing down my pc (experienced on older XP) and useless information regarding updates.

HP Recommended

I have been struggling with this problem for some months but I also lose the last word or letters from individual lines.  It is a big problem when printing multi page documents of email.

Did anybody ever find a solution?

HP Recommended

Hey Guys!

Just change the paper size to apropriate paper you are using!
You must do it on pronter's advance menu.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Found this thread on a search..........t's now 2017! I have an HP jetpro 8710.......same problem!! Doesn't matter if top, middle, or bottom, but if it's the last line of the text, it's halfway cutoff. You mean to tell me there still hasn't been a fix for this?

Another problem I'm having is that the copy speed is VERY slow...I'm talking slow like your first entry inkjet. Print speed is fast and fine, but when you want to make a copy.....better take nap. Any fixes on either of these issues?

HP Recommended

I've had the same issue (Dec 2017) with a HP OfficeJet Pro L7500 Series BT with Microsoft Word 2013 on Windows 7 SP 1.

1) Last line of text is always cut-off (regardless of position on page)

2) No other lines of text are cut-off

It seems to have been fixed by following an above user's instructions:

UNchecking the "Enable bidirectional support"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.