Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone , 

Where can i get the models which are supported with OCR features in their printer models ?

Is there a list where I can check suitable models supporting OCR scan feature in their software part ?

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Any HP OfficeJet Pro printer support OCR features. They are bundled with OCR software too.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

I doubt if there is a ready list showing HP printers supporting OCR scan feature.  But I would suggest to first identify the series of product which you are looking for based on requirements other than OCR.  This is because there are many products available supporting OCR and other features which are made for different customer requirements and product availability will differ as per country or region.

Other important point to consider about OCR is whether you need built in OCR (feature built in to the hardware and does not require additional software) or software based OCR scanning from computer.

HP Enterprise FLOW Series products are having built in OCR capability.  whereas products compatible with or supporting OCR using software based scanning are generally provided with third party OCR scan software (like Readiris).  You may need to check detailed product specifications to confirm if OCR is supported by particular product and which software is bundled with product.

Hope this helps!

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.