Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp8600 Printer
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When I scanned document using OCR softwear that came with printer numbers in document come out unreadable.  What am I doing wrong.  Scanned into Word 2007 program and cannot edit document.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Try different software...

Free OCR software is available on the web.  Try these two as they work great.

http://www.ocrtoword.com/

http://www.free-ocr.com/

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your quick response, appreciate it.

I know this sounds stupid.. went to first site to download, however, as you go down the page, it shows many download options...are these all the same download?  Also if I have OCR program that came with my printer, is the download you suggest the same program I already have in my computer?

Thank you again.

BasketBtque

HP Recommended

They are all the same program.  Give 'em a try.

HP Recommended

ok...will just download one.

Thank you again, appreciate your help...will let you know how I make out.

Take care

HP Recommended

Downloaded OCR for Word it scans correctly but will not allow me to edit document...want to delete some lines.  I evidently have missed a step somewhere after scanning and opening up document.  Hope someone can give me step by step instructions to follow to be able to edit document.

Thanks

BasletBtque

HP Recommended

You did save it to word first, then open in word and edit right?

I can edit just fine.  Here is the info from the web site.

Simple Text Edit

Free OCR to Word provides you simple text editing tools: Clear - clear text window to remove the previously converted contents; Remove - remove line breaks; Copy - copy text to clipboard and paste to other application for editing; Export - export text into MS word, and so on. The editing feature enables you to directly modify extracted text content before saving as Word document.

HP Recommended

Hi Provost

Sorry...wasn't able to get it to work so I will just print them out and block out items on it.  I cannot understand why  it will not work but guess I am doing something wrong or missing a step.

Thank you again for all your help, it is appreciated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.