cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BasketBtque
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

OCR

HP Recommended
hp8600 Printer
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When I scanned document using OCR softwear that came with printer numbers in document come out unreadable.  What am I doing wrong.  Scanned into Word 2007 program and cannot edit document.

Thank you

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,516
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try different software...

Free OCR software is available on the web.  Try these two as they work great.

http://www.ocrtoword.com/

http://www.free-ocr.com/

BasketBtque
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your quick response, appreciate it.

I know this sounds stupid.. went to first site to download, however, as you go down the page, it shows many download options...are these all the same download?  Also if I have OCR program that came with my printer, is the download you suggest the same program I already have in my computer?

Thank you again.

BasketBtque

0 Kudos
sabretooth04
Level 14
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

They are all the same program.  Give 'em a try.

BasketBtque
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok...will just download one.

Thank you again, appreciate your help...will let you know how I make out.

Take care

0 Kudos
BasketBtque
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Downloaded OCR for Word it scans correctly but will not allow me to edit document...want to delete some lines.  I evidently have missed a step somewhere after scanning and opening up document.  Hope someone can give me step by step instructions to follow to be able to edit document.

Thanks

BasletBtque

0 Kudos
sabretooth04
Level 14
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You did save it to word first, then open in word and edit right?

I can edit just fine.  Here is the info from the web site.

Simple Text Edit

Free OCR to Word provides you simple text editing tools: Clear - clear text window to remove the previously converted contents; Remove - remove line breaks; Copy - copy text to clipboard and paste to other application for editing; Export - export text into MS word, and so on. The editing feature enables you to directly modify extracted text content before saving as Word document.

0 Kudos
BasketBtque
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Provost

Sorry...wasn't able to get it to work so I will just print them out and block out items on it.  I cannot understand why  it will not work but guess I am doing something wrong or missing a step.

Thank you again for all your help, it is appreciated.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation