Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi toddwilli,

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Have followed instructions till I'm blue in the face. Scan software missing after 10-12 re-installs...

Scan Dr. scans the document, upon completion, it says scan software is not found....Downloaded Full Function software, but obviously it doesn't have SCAN!!

HP Recommended

Hi brozojl, 

Please provide additional details.

1. Printer Model 
2. Operating System (including service pack revision)
3. Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?
4. Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/m-p/2094

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Windows 7 Pro - SP1

USB

even afte a print job - it states - no computer conection

Software is the problem - when running SCAN DR - it says Twain error.....no compputer connection, yet it is connected for print!!

HP Recommended

Hi brozojl,

Follow the steps below, and let me know what happens?

Step one: Clear temp directory

1. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field
  2. Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).
  3. Continue with Step 2 below

Step two: Downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-80344-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

2. Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.

3. When the installation window opens press the cancel button to stop the installation

4. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy

7. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.

8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop

9. Open folder Util

10. Open folder CCC

11. Run the uninstall_L4

12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

13. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs

14. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

15. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.

Let me know if you are able to successfully install the software and driver, and are able to print & scan?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

hi , i got problems with the scanning,it let me copy from the top tray, or printing, not scanning at all, my computer gor windows vista 64, any ideas??

HP Recommended

Hi montano1,

How are you attempting to scan (Printer Control Panel or Software)?

What error messages are you getting?

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 4500  G510.  I have had no problems withscanning.  However I thought that the Scan Icon on the Desktop was backed up.  I let my nephew scan something - he did so and then deleted the icon.  I can no longer scan.  Since then I have done the following.  (1)  Tried running the original installation disc (it would not run). (2)  Downloaded the complete installation file and after pointlessly, since I remembered the sequence, reading the instruction files, restarted the installation file and tried to install the complete package.  BTW I did everything correctly with both the power cord and the USB cable.  Still no luck!  I need to be able to use this "multi-function" printer to print and scan - I don't care about the fax capability.  Nothing that I have done has worked and the forum box did not respond to mouse clicks although Task Manager reported it as running.  I really need the scan capability more than the print capability.  Obviously I need help.  Following the instructions has gotten me nowhere.  To put it simply - Help!

Thank you,

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hi GerryR1,

When you indicate the scan icon has been deleted are you talking about the icon to open Solution Center?

If so, you can also open Solution Center from the Start programs in the HP folder

Start - All Programs - HP - HP Officejet 4500 - Solution Center

Can you scan using Microsoft Paint or Windows Fax and Scan?

What operating system do you have on your computer?

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems:

HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows

Let me know what errors you receive?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
I see they're are many similar problems but all the fixes seem to be done w a computer. My printer is not hooked up to any, is there a way to try w/o being hooked up? It will not even make a copy or anything, just says "scanning problems, will not print,scan or fax" . If I try it just will not do anything & I have no warranty. Can anyone give me any advice? Tx
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.