Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello fitzie,

I am sorry all of the troubleshooting you have done has not fixed the problem. It sounds like the printhead itself has failed. The last step I would have recommended would have been a partial reset, which has been posted above and seems as though you have done that already.

Unfortunately, you have done everything you can do for this issue.

I would recommend calling HP's Technical Support to see if there is any other options for you.

Here is the contact information:

If you are calling from within North America, the toll free number is 1-800-474-6836, any other location click here.

Best wishes,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Well... the last ditch effort was to phone HP. Did that and jumped through all of their hoops. The bottom line is: 1) ink system failure; 2) failed printhead alignment. 3) Semi-full reset did not correct the issue. 4) This morning, I cleaned the printhead AGAIN (following the correct cleaning instructions that you sent. (Did that before calling HP). Now, am back to "square one" because HP said that an "ink system failure" message means===>>replace the printer and he could not assure me that, if I bought a new printhead ($40.00 plus shipping cost) that it would correct the problem. Appreciate all your efforts and suggestions from others on here but it looks like this machine might be kaput :(. I do not know what else to do. Sooooo..... this ol' lady techie with her self-setup wireless network & the highest class FCC radio license is about to give up.:smileyfrustrated:   :Crying: Thanks again for all your time and kindness.

HP Recommended

Hi Fitzie,

You are very welcome, I wish you the best of luck!

Please feel free to visit the forums anytime!

Take care,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

tried cleaning printer heads, tried the partial reset still will not print black for me!!! HELP Everytime it tries to align there is an error

HP Recommended

Alignment will fail if black is not printing properly.  I would suggest the troubleshooting steps in this document.  Be sure to check the vents are not clogged.

If the above does not resolve the issue the post here may help.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I have tried cleaning it, we bought new ink to see if that helps check the ventelation still no black ink. Then we did the reset still nothing

HP Recommended

Did you try soaking the printhead as discussed in this post and then running up to three cleaning cycles?  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

yes I soaked used the cutip, still nothing unplugged overnight like someone suggested nothing, partial reset nothing, and it is only the black that does not work.

HP Recommended

Hi jj01129

Your best option at this time would be to contact HP Tech Support for further assistance to see what other options are available for you. Inquire about getting the printhead replaced if it is still in warranty. Still could be a hardware issue with the unit.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have tried all I read and the black is still not printing has anyone else had this trouble before.

I have had this happen before and it works but today it is just not working. any help would be much appreciated

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.