Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I did uninstall and re-install the driver but this didnt't resolve the problem.  I  eventually replaced the printer, under a third party warranty purchased for the printer, with the exact same model.  This resolved the issue.

HP Recommended

Hi @StephanBren,

I understand that the issue resolved after the printer was replaced.

I also appreciate your time and patience in going through the troubleshooting steps.

Feel free to ask your queries in future as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  I had already completely uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers as was described in the initial thread but I followed the directions in the links provided and did it again.  The result was the same:  The printer still prints in grayscale only.  Again, the occurs both when you print from an application as well as when you print using the diagnostic screens on the printer itself.  Do you have any additional ideas?  Thank you for your time!
-J

HP Recommended

Thank you Stephan!  I appreciate you closing the loop on how this was resolved for you.  I'm hopeful that something can be done before a full replacement.  Thanks again!

-J

HP Recommended

Hi @Jay61,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This could be a hardware issue with the printhead wherein the nozzles that print in color may be clogged.

Hence, please contact HP phone support from this link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You may select the country and type the product# of the unit and then follow the on-screen instructions to contact HP phone support.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I am experiencing an identical, infuriating grayscale conundrum with my OfficeJet Pro 6978... is this a known problem with this printer model?!  No fix provided on the forum is working, and the printer is only a couple months old.

HP Recommended

I was unable to get it resolved, so, since it was still under warranty, I brought it in and got a new one.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.