Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Same problem here. I can scan FROM the computer with HP Scan and Capture app, but not from the printer's control panel. Error message on the computer says that it can't communicate with the scanner (HPScan.exe program pops up), but I can obviously both scan and print from the computer. 

HP Recommended

Since starting this thread, I was able to get "scan to computer" working by re-installing and utilizing HP's full feature software for this printer.  That worked for quite a while then we again had problems with scanning from the printer to the computer (Dell-PC choice was again gone, only Dell-PC USB choice appeared).  I ignored the problems knowing I'd be upgrading to Windows10 soon.  Finally did.  Still had problems.  Again downloaded the full feature software.  Again, when scanning to computer from the printer, the choice of "Dell-PC" is gone.  Uninstalled printer.  Re-installed (after re-booting).  Now, again (about two weeks later), again, the "Dell-PC" choice is gone.  I just now re-installed the printer.  Seems okay.  If there are problems again, I'm thinking of un-installing the printer TOTALLY (unplugging it, etc.) then, once I'm reasonably it is gone, installing as if a new printer.  Thoughts?

RobinCB

HP Recommended

I have tried scanning from the printer to no avail.  Could you do me a favor and through the steps. thank you

HP Recommended

Can you tell me where this version of software can be downloaded, and what the version number is?  This version has much more control over scanning functions that the current software, which doesn't even show a scanner is my devices now.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

HP Recommended

For some reason I can no longer scan to computer from the printer console. I can scan from my computer, but when I try and scan from the printer it tells me that I have to go to HP Printer software /Manage Scan (which I can not find). In researching the issue, I found several other thread where people had similar problems - however, I never saw any solutions other than the suggestion that we uninstall/re-install the software. I really don't want to have to go through a ful set-up again. Also, as I used to be able to scan directly from the printer, I would like to know what happened so that I do not have a repeat of this issue. Anyone got any insights/solutions?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Since upgrading to Windows 10, Scan to Computer no longer works either from the printer or from HP Printer Assistant. When I use the Assistant and select Scan a Document or Photo, I get a dialogue box that says "The HP Officejet Pro 8600 was not found." When I scan from the printer (Scan to PDF), it says "Preparing to Scan" for about 10-15 seconds and then gives me a message that says "Scan Unsuccessful - The scan could not be completed due to one or more of the following issues: - Connection to the computer is lost - The scan application on the computer is currently in use - The OCR application is not installed on the computer. See the computer monitor for details"

I am able to print a test page so I know there is a connection. This all started when I upgraded to Windows 10. I even uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it using the latest from the HP Support site. When I first upgraded, Windows 10 disabled the Scan to Computer app. The new install I did didn't seem to reinstall the app since I don't see the hiden icon for it.

HP Recommended

I'm trying to set up the scanner feature on an HP Officejet 8600.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Do you have a Logitech camera or other Logitech device?  I have found on 2 different Windows 10 HP computers that the solution was to kill a Logitech service called "Process Monitor".  Completely solved all scann/fax communication issues and restored full functionality of Scan to Computer (in my case over wired network).  One of them was upgraded from 7 to 10 and worked fine with the Logitech service under 7 but not under 10.  The other was purchased new with 10.

HP Recommended

What I did was added an app called: HP Scan and Capture on Windows 10 and it works beautifully.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.