Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-23-2017 04:52 PM
I am attempting to scan my documents to Google Drive using the Print Apps feature on my connected printer. I have not been able to update the list of print apps in order to do so. I was able to this last week, but now I am blocked form doing so.
- I don't understand why I have to update the list of print apps every time I want to use them. It is absurd that this is required and should be optional.
- For the last dozen or so times I have tried to update the list of apps, I get a message that says "The print apps on this printer could not be updated. Please try again later."
- Your connected apps, in general, are clunky, awkward, and poorly implemented. A company as huge as HP should give some serious thought to hiring a user interface expert. I should not have to jump through so many hoops just to be able to scan to Google Drive EVERY TIME. So many unnecessary steps and clicks.
What do I have to do to get this working?
04-24-2017 03:55 PM
This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to update the Print apps. I would like to help you with this.
- HP Printables and HP Printables mobile app retired on October 31, 2016.
- That is the reason you are unable to update the apps.
- Click here and refer the document.
Let me know if that helps.
I am an HP Employee
04-24-2017 05:59 PM
@sandytechy20, this is not an issue with a MOBILE app. This is an issue with the Print Apps that are installed on the printer itself.
Steps to replicate:
- From the OfficeJet Pro 8720 touchscreen, click Apps
- You are presented with only one option: Update Print Apps
- Click Update Print Apps
- Dialog: "Would you like to update the list of print apps on this printer?"
"Note: new versions of these print apps, if available, will also be installed."
The options are Cancel or OK.
I would prefer "No", but I click OK.
- A spinner appears with the message "Updating Print Apps"
- After a few seconds, I get the message that says "Update Unsuccessful." and the aforementioned "Try again later"
- Trying again later yields the same result
Is my machine connected to the internet? Yes.
Do I have proof that the connection is working? Yes, I have scanned using the web interface with success.
Aside from that, I don't know what information I can give that will help you diagnose my issue.
04-24-2017 10:07 PM
Okay @sandytechy20, I followed the following steps listed here regarding the Google Drive icon:
- Signed up for HP Connected
- Entered the claim code
- My printer appeared in my devices
- Clicked the Printer Apps tab
- Located the Google Drive icon and clicked it
- In the pop-up, it shows my printer listed "Your current printer: HP Officejet Pro 8720"
- The only option available is to remove Google Drive from my apps
- I restarted my printer and followed the same steps to update my printer apps, and I get the same "Try again" message.